Many employers have already mailed Form 1095-B (Health Coverage) or Form 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage) to their employees. The due date for furnishing these forms has been extended. See our previous blog post ACA Extensions – Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C Details for extension dates, deadlines, links and additional instructions. Additionally, we invite you to view our short video which provides important information about Form 1095-C for employees and employers.
Initial Form 1095 Push. What Now?
Now that the initial Form 1095 push has taken place, we want to remind employers that it is important to ensure compliance with other ACA requirements by staying ahead of the game, so to speak. To do this, we encourage our employers to:
- Provide Healthcare Exchange notices to employees (see our sample below, available for download)
- Include Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC’s) in your new hire enrollment kit.
- Large employers should provide model notices (download a sample below) in new hire paperwork to employees
- While not yet mandatory, employers with fewer than 50 employees are also making this part of their new hire/onboarding kit.
- Provide Model notices for companies that do not offer health insurance.
Employee Enrollment and Onboarding
Should you need assistance updating your Employee Enrollment and Onboarding documents to include up-to-date ACA rules and regulations, please contact a member of the FosterThomas HR Employee Benefits Services Team. Our benefits experts can easily lead you through the process to include necessary documents to ensure HR Compliance.
Complete Details on SBCs
For in-depth information on SBCs, including links to HHS Fact Sheets and final rules, please visit our blog post ACA Updates: Summary of Benefits and Coverage
FAQ: DOL Notice of Coverage
As a reminder, we’re providing a link to the DOLs FAQs for Notice of Coverage options.
Sample Marketplace Notice
Additional Employer-Provided Health Insurance Coverage Tips for Employers:
- IRS Tax Tip: 2016 Reporting Deadlines for Employers and Health Coverage Providers
- VIDEO: Form 1095-C Will Be Arriving Soon – What You Need to Know
- Link to Forms 1094-B, 1094-C, 1095-B, 1095-C
Questions about the Affordable Care Act? Let’s Talk.
Health Care Reform, Employee Benefits, and HR Compliance from FosterThomas HR
A Reliable HR Expert Providing Proactive Employee Benefits Advice for Your Organization
Since 1993, FosterThomas has delivered cost-effective, proactive, custom employee benefits solutions. We address them through the design and delivery of the perfectly loaded benefits package that will help you attract and retain employees, while implementing alternative wellness & risk management ideas to contain health care costs. Let’s talk.