2/20/14 – Health Coverage 90 Day Waiting Period Final and Proposed Regulations Issued
On February 20, 2014, two regulations on the 90-Day Waiting Period Limitation were issued jointly by the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and the Treasury. The first regulation is the final rule as it pertains to originally proposed regulations in August, 2013. The second is a proposed regulation that focuses on limitations to employee orientation periods. (Source: Cigna)
- Learn about the two(2) notable differences from the originally proposed regulations
- Review the Final Regulations. These regulations also finalize amendments to existing regulations to conform to ACA provisions
- Group health plans
- Health insurance issuers
- Portability provisions added by HIPPA
- Review the Proposed Regulations
- These proposed regulations would clarify the maximum allowed length of any reasonable and bona fide employment-based orientation period, consistent with the 90-day waiting period limitation as added by the ACA, as amended, and as incorporated into the ERISA and IRS Code.
Health Care Reform News & Updates
For more information on Health Care Reform, we invite you to visit our Health Care Reform News/Updates webpage.
As an employer, learn how you can level the playing field via the Health Insurance Exchange. FosterThomas Benefit Advisors will help you navigate the changing health care reform landscape.Learn More