We are committed to understanding and managing your unique employee benefits needs while being mindful of sustainable cost management for your business.
A Reliable HR Expert Providing Proactive Employee Benefits Advice for Your Organization
Since 1993, FosterThomas has delivered cost-effective, proactive, custom employee benefits solutions. We address them through the design and delivery of the perfectly loaded benefits package that will help you attract and retain employees, while implementing alternative wellness & risk management ideas to contain health care costs. View some of our benefits advisory services and solutions are listed below:
Employee Benefits Advisory Services
- Development of multi-year strategic plan
- Cost containment strategies – consumerism, utilization and medical management, plan funding analysis (fully insured vs. self insured/self-funded)
- Employee Benefits Plan design analysis to maximize benefits value
- Creative ancillary and voluntary benefits solutions
- Benchmarking, surveys, health care and claims utilization trends
- HRIS and online enrollment analysis
Premium Containment and Renewal Activities
- Complete bidding – leverage our strong carrier relationships and preferred brokerage status
- Vendor management, evaluation and selection
- Early and customized renewal evaluation
- Premium employee contribution modeling and dependent audits
Regulatory Compliance and HR Consulting
- Health Care Reform/ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, HIPPA
- FORM 5500 Preparation
- COBRA Administration
Benefits Administration Support
- Online enrollment solutions
- Carrier liaison: Billing, eligibility management and enrollment
- Customer services employee support and call center
- Employee health advocate – Claims resolution assistance for employees
- Comprehensive plan implementation and renewal management
- Employee communication, plan promotion, orientations
- Customized HR employee benefits web portal
- Online communication solution
- Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Rates, forms, benefits summaries, postings, newsletter and compliance updates
- Employee handbooks, company forms and announcements
Risk Management & Business Insurance
- Workers compensation & MOD analysis
- Defense Base Act (DBA), EPLI, D&O, E&O, Property
Learn more by choosing a tab below:
Self-Funding/Self Insurance Cost Containment Strategies
Self Insuring your healthcare plan provides a way to only pay for actual claims, with full protection, while providing detailed reporting to analyze employee behavior and plan flexibility to adjust options.Learn More
Health & Wellness Benefits
With our employee benefits consultants behind you—offering continued advice and support, as well as on-site assistance—you can rest assured that your benefits package will stand above the rest.Learn More
Health Care Reform News
Now more than ever you need a trusted Benefits Advisor who will help you navigate the choppy health care system! As the Affordable Care Act (ACA) continues to change the landscape of the delivery of health care, FosterThomas Employee Benefits Advisors stand by your side to help make sense of it all.Healthcare Reform
Self Insured Solutions
- Client was experiencing multi-year double digit increases in their health & wellness plans. FosterThomas assisted in the transition to a self-insured health plan and implemented a medical management/wellness firm to help manage their employee population. This combination enabled the client to control their claims and lower their benefits costs for the first time in years.
- Client was frustrated with the lack of proactive advice and guidance from their current broker. FosterThomas took over the broker responsibility and provided the client with compliance updates, healthcare reform guidance, benchmarks, employee communications and multi-state compliance support for their nationwide workforce.
- Client was awarded a contract that required the hiring of 50 employees. FosterThomas established procedures for a comprehensive on-boarding program to support the client with the transition. FosterThomas provided support including new hire paperwork collection, employee orientations, benefits enrollment and database maintenance.
- Client had recently experienced growth and expansion to operations in multiple states. The current benefit structure did not provide enough options for their diverse workforce. FosterThomas implemented a nationwide HMO plan as well as a health savings account alongside their current PPO plan. Our implementation support included benchmarking, plan development, rate negotiation, benefit summaries, employee education and orientations, enrollment collection and bill reconciliation.
Michael P. FitzGerald
FosterThomas was recommended to me by ADP. I called them, and asked for their
help in providing me the capability of payroll production for the coming Monday!
FosterThomas was able to send us staff who were payroll knowledgeable (they
were proficient with ADP’s time and attendance, HRB and payroll systems),
professional, customer service minded (I had no problem having their employees
deal directly with all staff including the physicians), organized and a pleasure
to work with. They literally saved the day for us. I had them stay
for a period of four months to produce our payrolls and train our new staff.
They made excellent recommendations to enhance both the efficiency and
effectiveness of our payroll system and helped strengthen our internal
CPA -CFO for Physicians Alliance, Ltd/Central Penn Management