The Government Contracting arena is unique, and FosterThomas is a specialist in this industry. With hands on expertise working successfully alongside Government/Federal Contractors, FosterThomas will seamlessly integrate with your staff to deliver measurable results.
Our Government/Federal Contractor HR Solutions focus on exceptional HR Compliance and Risk Management products and services to Federal, State, and Local government entities. The key FosterThomas HR solutions most applicable to the Government/Federal Contracting arena include:
Regulatory Compliance & HR Management Consulting
- Affirmative Action Plan Development
- FAR – Business Conduct and Ethic Programs
- EEO-1 Reports and Surveys
- EEO-1 Online Filing Instructions
- Veteran 100 Reports
- VETS100-100A Federal Contract Reporting – Extension in Filing
- VETS-100/VETS-100A: Reporting Deadlines
- See downloadable Useful Forms to the right
- Service Contract Act
- Drug Free Workplace Act
- Rehabilitation ACT
- Immigration reform and control Act (DHS)
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA)
- Assist with IRS, DHS & DOL inquiries and hearings
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Plan (DOT Compliant)
- Workplace and Safety Plan
- Conduct Oral Presentations
- Staff Development & Training
- Harassment and Discrimination Training
- Business Conduct and Ethics Training
- Drug Free Workplace Programs
- Recruitment and Hiring Support
- Service Contract Act Consulting and Plan Design
- Health & Welfare Consulting & Brokerage
- USERRA Assistance
Prime Liability and Insurance Requirements
- Defense Base Act (DBA) Policy
- International General Liability
- Kidnap & Extortion
- Crime-3rd Party Dishonesty
- Business Travel Accident
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- General Liability & Umbrella
- Automobile Liability
- Workers Comp and Employers Liability Insurance
- Employee Benefit Liability
- Errors and Omissions (Professional Liability)
- Directors & Officers
Affirmative Action Plan Development
FosterThomas assists companies by developing fully compliant affirmative action plans. We exist to help companies remain in compliance. Our plans have successfully helped numerous companies pass audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Employment Practices Liability Insurance
If an employer says they can’t afford EPLI then they really can’t afford a lawsuit with an average defense cost of $50,000. As the number of discrimination claims filed by employees continue to rise, it is becoming more important than ever for employers to protect themselves. Even if the employer did nothing wrong and had the proper training and procedures in place a suit can still be filed and the employer will still have to pay for legal defense.
Defense Base Act (DBA) Coverage
- DBA provides benefits in the event that civilian contractors are injured, killed, or kidnapped in the course of their work for US government agencies such as the various branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), U.S. Agency for International Development, (USAID), or the State Department.
Download our DBA Coverage Application to begin the steps toward protecting your most vital assets; your employees overseas.
What an HR Compliance Audit Will do for You
The HR audit will assess your company’s human resource practices, define any HR deficiencies that may exist and provide recommendations and strategies for improvement. FosterThomas can also take corrective action to ensure full compliance with the law. Within each audit an emphasis is placed on federal, state and company compliance.
FosterThomas is pleased to offer competitive insurance options and assessments for Government Contractors. In addition to the basic domestic coverage consisting of General Liability, Property, Umbrella, Business Auto, and Workers Compensation – there are additional coverages that Government Contractors need to be aware of. Learn More by clicking the Risk Management button below.
Scroll through and download any of the following forms to assist you with HR Compliance for Government Contractors:
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability – February 2014
Veterans Self- Identification Forms (Pre-Offer and Post Offer) – January 2014
Federal Contract Compliance Manual
The regulations implementing Executive Order 11246 (EO 11246), as amended, authorize OFCCP to conduct compliance evaluations of federal contractors. The term “contractor” as used in the Manual includes “subcontractors” unless otherwise noted. Compliance evaluations determine whether federal contractors maintain nondiscriminatory hiring and employment practices. OFCCP also uses them to determine whether contractors are taking affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Other regulations permitting OFCCP to conduct compliance evaluations implementing provisions of the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) and Section 503. These evaluations are to determine whether federal contractors are complying with their obligations to ensure nondiscrimination. They also determine whether contractors are taking affirmative action to employ, promote, train, retain and provide reasonable accommodation to certain protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, respectively. (taken from the introduction of the Federal Contract Compliance Manual)
The HSC Pediatric Center
When I joined The HSC Pediatric Center as the Payroll/Benefits Specialist, I had limited ADP experience and no payroll experience. FosterThomas provided on site payroll support. Robin Conley, from Foster Thomas, trained me efficiently on the ADP Portal and Time & Attendance, and continues to provide support for our bi-weekly payroll. Robin is always there when I need her and is willing to complete any tasks I ask of her. I would recommend Foster Thomas to any of my colleagues needing payroll or benefits support. Denise Reynolds, The HSC Pediatric Center